X-GATE LOW HEAD CANAL GATE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
This manual covers the installation of all X-Gate Low Head canal gates. Although every care is taken in our factory to insure top quality equipment, we cannot be responsible for damage caused by negligence after shipping. Therefore, described herein are XCAD USA's recommended methods of installation, adjustment and initial for standard situations, to be used in connection with the approved gates, they will operate as deigned.
Check count on all parts and notify of any shortages immediately. We cannot be responsible for shortages reported after any lengthy delay. special care should be taken in accounting for and safely storing all bolts, nuts, and small items which often are misplaced at job sites.
All XCAD USA X-Gates are precision machinery and should be handled accordingly. While all parts are of a rugged design, it is however possible to warp machined surfaces, stems, ect., through improper storage and handling. To avoid all problems of this nature we recommend the following.
1. X-Gate Low Head canal gates are usually shipped as self-contained and installed as complete assemblies. Lifting should be done carefully to avoid damage to the yoke, stems and head rail.
2. Support full length of stems at all times, being sure not to damage threads.
3. Do Not Stack!
4. Handle X-Gates as you would any precision machinery.
X-Gate LOW HEAD CANAL GATE WEDGE ADJUSTMENT
1. Loosen nuts on wedge locking bolts.
2. Lightly tap wedges into desired position.
3. Tighten nuts on locking bolts.
4. Check for proper seating and repeat procedure if necessary using a 0.004